Friday, June 21, 2019

Welcome Summer

It is the first day of summer.....yep.....just so you know all those 90 degree temperatures, that 100 degree heat index, and that high humidity, well that was Spring.  So buckle in and get ready for summer.

Check your local Dairy Queen and see if they are participating in the free ice cream cone day!

dairy queen free cone
Courtesy of Dairy Queen
Participating restaurants are giving a free regular cone or dipped cone with any purchase.  So grab a friend and buy a cone and get a cone to welcome in our old friend Summer.

Here are a few things I am looking forward to this summer

OUTSHINE Strawberry Fruit Bars

My kids think I am crazy when I say it is Popsicle season.  Well it is and these Outshine fruit bars are my favorite.

I am for sure going to have to make my banana split pie soon.  I shared the recipe here.


It has a great filling, bananas, pineapple.....delicious!  Go ahead and make yourself one to start the summer and then make you several more all summer long.

I've also got to get moving on my summer bucket list which I shared here.  I have completed one of my five items and working hard on two of the others.  It is still early.  Go ahead and make a summer bucket list and let's get busy checking things off.

And don't forget this is the last week of June.  Join us in praying this month's verses.

Happy first day of Summer.  Have a great weekend and I will meet you back here on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment