Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Favorite Product Series - My Paper and Paper Cutter

As a reminder each Wednesday this month I am sharing a product that I am so pleased I purchased.  If you missed the first product, it was the Elfa Door Organizer and you can look back to read it.

But now on to this week's product.....

In 2015 my mother-n-law gifted me a very nice Amazon gift card.  I knew exactly what I wanted to buy.

This paper cutter

Yes, I worked several years at Parisian.  You guys remember Parisian, right? Well those were the good old days.  They actually had a customer service desk and they wrapped any purchases for FREE - might this be the reason they don't exist anymore ----eeehhhhh maybe.

Well my favorite department to work in was gift wrap.  Honestly, it was so much fun.  And when you have the right equipment - even gift wrapping is enjoyable. Well Parisian had vertical gift wrap cutters.  I chose the horizontal one.  You simply load your paper roll, pull off what you need a get that qqqkkkkkkttt sound as you cut it one fluid movement......did that give you chill bumps...it totally did me.

I went with a 765Ft Brown Kraft Paper. The particular one I ordered is currently unavailable but all you have to do is make sure you get a roll no wider than 36 inches to fit on the cutter.  And, yes, 765 ft. is a lot of paper.  I have wrapped 2 years of Christmas gifts, and practically every  birthday, wedding and graduation.

Look at how much is still left


One year I bought various rolls of traditional ribbon - a red check, a solid red, an emerald, a plaid.  You can put any ribbon with this paper



I have also used baker's twine.


And for other holidays I have used all kinds of different ribbons.


This year I found these little snowmen, gingerbread men, ric rac and Ho Ho Ho and I can't wait to use them.

We wrap Christmas gifts on July 25th.  It is our traditional Christmas in July.  I take off from work, we wear Christmas PJs and eat chili.

It literally takes us all day to wrap.

Remember the whole Christmas planner post? I am about 75% done with gift buying this year.

Get your gifts.  Get your wrapping supplies and join us July 25th getting slightly way ahead on Christmas this year.

Even if you don't want to join in the early Christmas wrapping, you will still enjoy the paper cutter whenever you choose to wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment