Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A Legacy Journal

When we get together as a family almost all conversations begin with "remember when" and it is one of my absolute favorite things.  My uncles and aunts have some stories that had to have happened because even the most active imagination could not have made them up.  I always tell them someone should really write a book.....Because you know what happens? Over time we forget the details.  We sometimes even forget the generalities.  So my goodness, someone needs to write these things down.  As we approach Mother's Day I wanted to share with you not a gift that I gave to my mom but a gift that she gave to me....... A Legacy Journal

Memory Book

It has guided questions starting with things about 
my mom's mom- her favorite things, favorite recipes, her gifts
then things about my mom - her dreams, school days and how she me my dad
then things about me - when I was little, our friendship, my wedding

It is truly a treasure.  Plus my mom added lots of pictures, newspaper clippings and mementos.

I have two of these to start working on as gifts for my girls

Memories from Mom


I think this is a great idea to gift your mom with this year and ask her to make note of special things for you and your kids to always remember.  These are just two examples.  Amazon has several different ones to offer.  You can see the selection by clicking here.  There are special journals from grandparents, dads and even ones for you to write your own story.  We all have a story to tell.

So spark some creative juices in your mom and gift her with something that will become a treasure for generations to come.

Talk to you on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment