Monday, April 9, 2018

March Book Review

Hope the weekend was great for you.  I was disappointed that out of the 300 Hunter items Target is going to have they only released seven for the early access......really, Target?  That was not a bullseye....no, not by any stretch.  I hope the big release next weekend is not as underwhelming.

Sweet Pineapple did not disappoint.  We did quite a bit of damage there.  And thankfully Trading Spaces was enjoyable too.  I will definitely be tuning in next week for more.

Honestly, the fact that Winter blew in like it was January might have been the toughest part of the weekend.  It was prom weekend and you can imagine the joy of all the young ladies in wool coats and prom dresses.....not to mention the joy of the parents trying to take pictures.    But we made it and another prom is in the books.

Speaking of books....here is what I read in March and my thoughts about them

First up,


The Lake House by Kate Morton.  I am for sure a Kate Morton fan.  She sets up an elaborate web to be spun and just when you think you are about there.....she spins an additional story line or two.   This one again crosses decades and the lives of several people.  It is set at a lovely little lake house where a family is simply doing what families do......but then.  I certainly don't want to spoil it for you but another very enjoyable read by Kate.  Thank you British writers, you got me again.


Next up


Rosemary and Crime by Gail Oust.  Let me start by saying if you enjoy Hallmark movies you will enjoy this book.  It is a sweet little predictable story.  It is a clean and an enjoyable little story.  This is one in a series and I might give another one a try.  I felt like this one was seriously heavy on the set up and background so I am wondering if others might move more quickly.  If you are reading a lot of heavy stuff, throw this one in to break up the mental strain.



Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand did not disappoint.   Elin is a regular around here and for good reason.  She doesn't disappoint.  She gives a good story every time.  This one involves the reuniting of some good friends over some very difficult circumstances and also addresses the value one can put on material things, relationships and expectations.  A PG-13 read but the overall story is good....really good.





I was gifted Capital Gaines by Chip Gaines at Christmas.  I am a big Chip and Joanna fan so it was a good pick for me.  In fact, if you missed my Waco Trip review, click here.  If you know anyone who is thinking about stepping out on a dream or starting a business, this is a really good read for them.  It has a lot of encouragement and inspiration for getting out there and taking a chance or two....typical Chip, right?  Well it also has some really good thoughts on living without fear and opening yourself up to people who are not like you at all.  Whether you are taking off on a dream or not, these notions are applicable, relevant and inspiring.  Good, quick read.  I enjoyed it.

If you are reading anything good please let me know.

I hope you have a wonderful week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment