Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Great Things in '18 Challenge - April

Welcome to our April edition of the Great Things in '18 Challenge.  If you are just joining us read the original post here.



This month we are focusing on reconnecting with a friend. Now before we go any further, let's have some real talk.  Ok, I want you to take a look at this pair of shoes.




When I bought these shoes several years ago I thought they were just so cute.  Nice neutral color that could go with absolutely anything.  Not too high of a heel but enough to look trendy and current.  I thought they would be good with shorter skirts and even maxi dresses.  I thought they would go nicely to even dress up a pair of jeans.  What could go wrong?  They KILL my feet.  I know they look innocent enough but they are brutal to wear.  So here is the thing - I never throw them away.  I moved them from the "frequently worn section" of my closet to the "in case of an emergency" section.  But every now and then I would talk myself into giving them another chance and I would have immediate regret as soon as I got away from the house.  Now here is why I share that with you - we are talking about reconnecting with someone.  BUT let's be real, there are some people that we purposefully moved out of our frequent section.  There are some people who seem innocent enough, but are just not good for us.  There are some people that when we sit and think about it there is a very good reason we are not currently connected.

All of that to say Proceed With Caution.  Don't go friending someone, following someone or reaching out to someone that you had to kick off your social media.  Don't go digging up someone who doesn't feed your best self and bring positivity to your life. Look, you know you and you know them so all I am saying is choose wisely, dear friends.

Now back to the challenge.  Here is our inspiration verse:

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds... Hebrews 10:24

So you know the drill.  Reach out to someone who you haven't connected with in a while.  And do that by any means you feel is appropriate....send a card, write a letter, give them a call....whatever works for you.

I hope you are enjoying being intentional in 2018.  Thanks for joining me in this fun challenge.

Talk to you on Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment