Monday, September 30, 2019

College Care Packages

We all know someone in college, right? Even if it is not your own kid, we all remember how nice it was to get a little surprise from someone.  Periodically through the school year I will try to put together a few boxes and send them off to a kid or two or three.

Today I thought I would share with you my simple little boxes that will hopefully bring a smile to a college student.

Of course, right now I have a college kiddo so I put one together for her.....

She's kind of easy because I know she loves these fudge dipped oreo cookies and anything make-up related.  I also threw in a shower gel from the travel section and a card to remind her how much she's loved.

I am also sending a box to a sweet girl studying like crazy in Pharmacy school.  She deserves a treat.....



I also did a little shower gel for her, a face mask, a hand lotion and some of her favorite candy.  I had to go to Dollar General to find that huge Mr. Goodbar because that is her favorite.  If you are ever looking for candy that you just don't see in every store, try Dollar General.  They carry so many different candies.  I also wrote her a note of encouragement and included it.

Of course, I didn't want to forget my college guys.  Every now and then I will hear from this young man so I like to let him know that he is being prayed for and thought of......


He is a beef jerky fan.  I grabbed him a Duke Cannon soap.  This men's line is great and I hope he will like it.

I am putting together another one for a sweet freshman girl getting her college legs under her.  It is very similar to the ones above.

I try to keep the boxes fairly small because college mailboxes can be tiny.  I found several of the items at Sweet Pineapple on Airport Road.  I also like to check the travel section in the grocery store and of course the snack aisle.  Truthfully, I was hoping it was going to be a little cooler before I put all this chocolate in the mail.  I may wait and mail toward the end of the week if it looks like the temps may drop a tad.......or I may take my chances.

Gift giving is one of my favorite things.......Surprise, out of the blue gifts are even better.

Maybe there is someone who could use a little surprise in the mail from you.  Go for it!!!! Trust me, you will get as much joy from sending it as they will from receiving it.

Make someone's Monday!

I hope you have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment